Tuesday, February 1, 2011

32/365

Today I made a little trip to our local fabric store. There is just loveliness all in that place. I can't even sew on a button so I can't imagine what kind of heaven it is for those that do sew. I was browsing for a bit of fabric for a sweet upcoming newborn session....my great-niece is due to make an appearance any day now.

I loved looking at fabrics, touching the softness, and listening to the sewing machines.  Although I don't even know how to turn one on. And those trim thingys with the little balls hanging off? How cute are those?!

And then, I had an awkward moment at the cutting table (is that what it's called?)...

Me: Um, so, I need that much right there (pointing to a distance that was marked out on the table)...that's a yard, right?
Her: Uh. No. That'd be three yards.
Me: *head slap*

So apparently I can't sew or turn on a sewing machine or measure small distances.

At least I know pretty fabric when I see it.

32 of 365_edited-1

5 comments:

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

HA HA! We must be twins! Beautiful picture!

Misty said...

Great picture. Very creative and you and are in the same boat when it comes to sewing.

Branson said...

I absolutely love this. Going to have to star it as an idea for later ;-)

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Love the colors, composition, DOF. Excellent.

Tracy said...

Love everything about this!!