Monday, February 14, 2011

45/365

Today's photo prompt:  wedding band/jewelry 

My dude and I have celebrated Valentine's Day together twenty times.  We were high school sweethearts and started this Day of Love in 1991.   He always gives me flowers on this day.  Always.  But today?  These flowers were absolutely lovely.  The most beautiful flowers he's ever given me.  Not only that?  But, he also brought home an arrangement for each little girl.  To say they were beaming is an understatement.  Allison literally raked everything off of her bookshelf and plopped those pink flowers right smack in the middle.  Emily?  Was soon to follow with her arrangement.  They were smitten.

What did I do for my dude?  While he was away at work, Caroline and I brought home twenty pink and red balloons.  (Do you know how hard it is to cram that many balloons in the back of a car on a super windy day?!) I tied a little paper heart to each balloon and wrote a message on each heart.  Caroline helped me place each balloon over our bed and I bet she counted them seven times if she counted them once.   She thought that was the coolest thing. 

And when my dude came home with four bouquets of flowers?  He thought it was pretty darn cool, too.

45 of 365_edited-1


Kinda cheesy, but isn't that what this day is all about anyway? 

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Melissa! This is just the sweetest thing yet!! Not cheesy at all! Love your photo as well!

Misty said...

I love reading about people's traditions. "your dude" - too funny.

Lizz said...

So sweet, and I love the photo!

Catherine said...

Not cheesy at all! I like your fresh perspective on the assignment!

Trisha said...

Ah, I love this. Nice perspective on this shot. I love the ring & note. Very creative!

GrandmaBCG said...

Wow! Go Son! Gathering loads of love for the heart your beautiful/gifted bride and 3 precious daughters' hearts! Good Job!!! Love, Mom