Friday, July 8, 2011

189/365

Today was Clean Out The Kids' Closets Day so I didn't really photograph anything. 

Well.  I take that back.  I photographed a bit of Lantana with the macro, but I realized after a few clicks of the shutter that I'd already posted a photo of that. 

Then, I decided to photograph Lantana's buddy...Purple Lantana (is that what it's called?) because he was standing right next to her. 

But, I realized after a few more clicks of the shutter that I wasn't feelin' Purple Lantana. 

Plus, rain was a'comin. 

After that, the kids were screaming their ever-lovin' heads off in the garden tub so I scrambled in the house to find out that they only wanted Ariel Polly Pocket's bikini top. 

Finally?  I gave up and since I just realized the other day (because my sweet husband showed this to me) how to take a photo of the screen of my iPhone using my actual iPhone....

I'm giving you this picture today. 

189 of 365_edited-1

That's me. 

Well, that's not me in the cowboy hat and that's not me in the spoon.

Neither is that me with the big honkin' teeth and floppy ears. 

But, that's my donkey photo that I snapped around this time last year. 

THAT BAD BOY DONKEY WAS THE WINNER OF PIONEER WOMAN'S FUNNY FACE CONTEST!!!!! 

I know right?!?!

I was so super stoked that she chose him!!!  It was definitely a "right place at the right time" kind of deal.  He just started eating fire ants and making all sorts of awesome faces.  He's my lucky dude, I think. 

So anyway....there's your photo for the day.  I'll be back to the real deal tomorrow! 

6 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I loved that shot - I don't think I realized it was you. Congrats!

stacey said...

What???!!!! AWESOME!!! I didn't know that was you, either!! Congrats! It's a great photo and I remember smiling when I saw it on PW. I heart PW. I had a dream the other night that I was at her ranch and she was teaching me about life, my camera, and making iced coffee. I called her Ree and she called me sweetie and invited me to stay at her guest lodge.... I digress.

CONGRATS!!!

stacey said...

(PS... Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog. You are a sweetheart. xoxo )

Laurie said...

Ugh, dumb blogger. If I post twice, it isn't my fault!

Congrats! I know that donkey! I didn't know it was you though. I love her contests. I have been chosen for a "group" a couple of times, but never in the top ten, I don't think, and I certainly haven't WON!!! That is awesome. What are you going to get with your gift card?

Living Life said...

Oh that rocks! Congratulations, so proud a fellow Georgian won!! Love that photo.

daneastside said...

I added myself to follow your blog. Great pics.

And always remember... Smiles don't have to be saved for a rainy day. It's good to waste them.