Friday, January 14, 2011

14/365

Would you believe that the girls didn't have school today either?!  That's five (FIVE, I TELL YA'!) days in a row because of Snowpocalypse 2011.

Again, let me remind you, they haven't been upset about being trapped here at all.  They've never mentioned it. Not once.

This morning, I told them that we'd brave the cold, drive down the well-traveled roads and hit the bowling alley. 

I can't tell you the rush of happiness that I witnessed.  Everyone got dressed in a flash and I went out to warm up the car.

It won't start.

Oh. My. Word.  Being trapped at home wasn't so bad this week until I realized that the car wouldn't even turn over and we were trapped for sure!  

I walked back inside.  Terrified of telling the girls and for good reason.  As soon as I quickly mumbled the words, "I'msorsorrybutthecarwon'tstart"?  Two out of three girls hit the floor.

Literally.  Full on dressed in winter clothing complete with gloves and mittens.  The two little girls were rolling in the floor and screaming and crying, "NO!  IT'S NOT TRUE! GO FIX THE CAR AND TAKE US TO BOWLING! WE WANNA GO OUTTA HERE!" 

It. Was. Bad.

But, no worries!  Super Daddy came home and busted out the jumper cables and we were on our way to the bowling alley!  

Hooray for bowling and a fabulous daddy!!  (And for lunch out after nearly a week in the house! That chicken salad sandwich never tasted so good.)

14 of 365_edited-1

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Looks like fun! I love the pp'ing here too.

Misty said...

Gorgeous processing. What a fun break!

kitten said...

I am loving the vibrant colors on this one! Great capture, as usual! xoxo

karren said...

This is a great shot. A story without words. I like the way she is standing and the ball rolling down toward the side....it's great!

Melissa said...

Thanks everyone! You're lookin' at one mighty good bowler! ;o)

Carrie said...

I love this and the back story that goes with it!

Branson said...

This photo is awesome! I really love it. Glad you were rescued :)