Thursday, January 27, 2011

27/365

I was inspired by a picture post on a photography forum that I belong to. The photos this fellow photographer posted were fantastic!  FAN. TAS. TIC. I asked her if she would mind me having a go at it and she was nice enough to give me a few tips, too.

Well. I tried it today.

And then? I tried it again.

And again.

And then once more.

I just wasn't feeling it and I was beginning to get frustrated. Near the point of tears...(that's just me)

Why isn't this working?!  Why can't I get this?!  Why don't my fruits look like her fruits?!  WHY?!?  For the love of all that's chocolate, why?!  Why can't I do what she did?!?! 

Why?  Because I'm not....her.

Although I LOVE her images?  I gave up on it.  I just couldn't get it because it simply wasn't MY EYE.  I tossed my set up to the side and decided to shoot what I see.  Silly as it may sound?  I figured out through fruit that I can't be someone else...I don't see what other people see...I am ME and this is what I see.  

27 of 365_edited-1

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Well, I think your take on it is beautiful. And we should totally meet up at the Aquarium! That would be so much fun! And I have a guest pass too ;)

Misty said...

Well what you see is stunning! I love it.

Branson said...

I love the photo, and I really love your aha moment story! :) this turned out great and it is all you!

Michelle said...

What a great post...and a good reminder to be yourself. I love seeing what you see. I think that photo is stunning.

Tracy said...

I LOVE the colors and the detail. It's beautiful. I also like your story to go along with the photo. Would you mind sharing the blog/forum you found the fruit photos on? Thanks!

Jennifer Officer said...

Great picture and what a reminder! Everytime you see fruit you will remember to just be you!

Kristin said...

I can't imagine what the others look like because yours is awesome. I wouldn't even know where to start to get something as amazing as this shot!

Trisha said...

I love your fruit! And I love your shots. Really excited to follow you!!

Living Life said...

I love your comments, such a good reminder to all of us. And, I think the photo is outstanding! (Kim)