Wednesday, February 16, 2011

47/365

Today's prompt?  self portrait  (Oh!  Joy!)

There has been a little bit of an issue here.  A sad and irritating and really stinky issue. 

This morning, my beloved HP laptop bit the dust. 

Kaput. 

Gone. 

It's really no big deal because we have a desktop here, too.  But, actually it is a big deal because

ALL OF MY EVER-LOVIN' PHOTOS ARE ON THAT LAPTOP! 

I have nearly everything saved on an external hard drive except for the last two months.  Pretty much all of my 365 photos, Christmas, a birthday party, a weekend trip to NYC, several cute videos and....well....let's just stop talking about it. 

The Geeky Guy at Best Buy is trying to recover the photos, but he didn't sound too hopeful about it.  Surely he's one of those "under promise and over deliver" kind of people, right? 

So.  Here's my self portrait for the day.  Taken on my iPhone and edited with the Photoshop App.  Which really just means I converted it to black and white.  I'm really irritated that I don't have a date on this photo, but there is no editing software on the home computer.  *sigh* 

47 of 365


But!  Don't we look super chipper here in the parking lot of Best Buy?  Despite my crummy circumstance?  <--- that's the sarcasm font, by the way. 

9 comments:

Shannon Joy said...

Oh NO!!!! If anything, your 365 pics are saved on flickr. You can download those at least :). Hope your other files can be recovered.

Laurie said...

I love reading your posts. Your humor makes me laugh. And thanks to this post, I am leaving here and backing up....have you heard of backblaze? I use them to back up my computer and EHD. I think it is $50 a year. Sorry you are going through this. Hope it all works out.

Tracy said...

Oh no! I am so sorry! You just made me think of my laptop! Backup here we come. I hope the Geeky Guy is able to recover. My husband writes programs for the Geeky Guys at BB. :) They better deliver...Cute photo none the less!

Branson said...

You did a great job of making due... this is cute! Hope you are up and running again soon!

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

good job! i'm enjoying these joy of love post. im trying to do a me and mine once a month...im late for feb

Melissa said...

3 words for you fellow red head....external hard drive!!! I almost lost my thousands of pics 8 months ago....

Misty said...

oh no! I am so sorry to hear that. I wouldn't be a happy camper either. Hope they can figure it out.

Photography said...

Great Selfie! http://flowerphotography1.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so fun to read!