Today's prompt: We all have something in our future to look forward to. This may be professional growth, spiritual growth, growth of our children, growth of our family, or whatever else in life that gives you hope. What will your luck bring in your future? What blessings do you look forward to? I like to think of this as your own personal “rainbow.”
I guess a lot of people would say they look forward to watching their children grow up. Not me. I'm not the least bit excited about my little ones becoming big ones. I've squished them into clothes that are too small...I've smooshed their feet into shoes that are a size too little....I've put piles of books on their heads to keep them from getting taller....
None of that has worked. They have decided to grow and I don't like it.
One bit.
So....I am ditching that "kids are growing up" deal and looking forward to seeing our yard in full bloom this season. We completely overhauled our backyard last summer and most of the plantings had already bloomed by the time they were installed. We haven't seen our new yard in all of her lovely glory just yet. As you can see, our grass is just starting to green up. We have a bloom here and there, but I'm ready for the full monty. I'm also looking forward to growing a bit more with photography. I'm excited about a full frame camera (where IS that UPS man, anyway?!) and taking a class or two during the summer. I've got a few photography related adventures coming up and I'm super dooper excited.
And that? Is what I'm looking forward to.
Now. Off to squash down my kids a bit more....

4 comments:
Very cool picture.
Look at the little sprouts!! Our grass just got covered up again by 4 in. of snow!! Spring will come, right!! Great photo!
Neat picture...great way to interpret! Maybe I am showing my clueless-ness :), but what is it?
Thanks!
Hee, Jaime....it's an old camera. A Target Brownie. I love it because it's called "target" and "browine" and it's a camera. Ha!
Post a Comment