Tuesday, April 19, 2011

109/365

I know it doesn't actually look like much, but I worked a bit for this one.

No.  Seriously.  I really did! 

I lugged out my backdrop stand (a step stool from Ikea) and placed it near our glass door.  I set up that super heavy backdrop material (a piece of scrapbooking paper) in front of my stand.  I carefully placed my fancy flooring (a piece of white paper) just in front of my expensive backdrop and called my ever-so-cooperative subject over. 

She was incredibly willing to work with me and her smile never faded.  I've never seen anything like it. 

Once I had her in the perfect place and showing off the perfect pose? 

My white balance was off. 

Eeek! 

The hardest part of my session with this lovely model!  I used my grey card with Miss Full Frame for the first time ever! 

So, see?  Although this doesn't look like a big deal?  Really, it kinda is. 

109 of 365_edited-1


In case you haven't seen these little cuties before, this is a teeny tiny Lalaloopsy doll. Her name is Pillow Featherbed and she's about two and a half inches tall. And always up for photos.

7 comments:

Lori J. said...

Nice photo! Love your humor here. Congrats on the major accomplishment. I think I may need to hire your model - mine hides her face every time she sees the camera come out!

Laurie said...

How cute! You really are too funny and I needed a laugh today. What kind of gray card to you use? I bought a lastolite to check exposure and WB and it, well, sucks. It adds a ton of red. And exposure, I think I'm better off just setting that myself. I've found I need to underexpose by 1/3 stop on my FF, where the D80 I had to overexpose by 2/3 to a full stop. Crazy.

Misty said...

Ha ha! This is great. Love your story.

Misty said...

Just had to say thanks for your nice comment on my Tax Day photo. You are one of my biggest encouragers. Thank you.

Jennifer Gammon said...

Haha, you are too funny! Cute picture!

Tracy said...

LaLaLoopsy....they just came out with the boy pirate and my middle son, Leighton, wants it! They are so ugly at times they are so CUTE! What a great subject and very cooperative....Just so she doesn't fall asleep on you ;)

Jaime said...

Great job! I haven't heard of these before, but if I were still a little girl...they would have been on my list. :)