Saturday, April 23, 2011

113/365

We've been drilling into their little heads that Easter is NOT about egg coloring, candy, baskets, bunnies or pretty new dresses.  Easter is about Jesus.  Period.  Yes, all the other that goes along with Easter is great fun and of course we participate in all that jazzy action.  It's delightfully fun! However, we want our babies to know that He died on the cross for them and that the story didn't end there.  Three days later?  He rose! 

On Friday, on the way to school, I was explaining that it was Good Friday.  That the day signifies Jesus' dying on the cross.  Allison piped up from the "way back" and said, "AGAIN?! Didn't He just do that LAST year, too?!" 

And today, on the way to soccer (Did I tell you I spend 4 days a week and several hours at the soccer field?  Did I?  DID I?), we were talking about how since yesterday was Good Friday, that means that today He is in the grave.  Everyone thinks He is dead.  Everyone.  Little did they know....

Tomorrow?  Why tomorrow we will hunt eggs and we will wear pretty dresses (well, except for my dude) and we will have freshly painted toes and brand new shoes as we head to church.  Why?  Well, because we want to look extra specially lovely for Jesus.  After all, the day is about Him, of course. 

113 of 365_edited-1

1 comment:

faith ann raider said...

SUCH a beautiful photograph!! I really love the focus and tones of it :)

My kids dyed eggs for the first time this year at a friends house. I never did that sort of thing as a child (we didn't do any kind of "secular" Easter celebrations in the family I grew up in) so I didn't have a clue how to go about it with my kids - I think next year maybe we'll try it ourselves. Maybe.

Hope you have a glorious day on Easter Sunday!!