Thursday, April 28, 2011

118/365

We spent last night waiting out incredible thunderstorms and numerous tornado warnings.  We spent some time in our basement and the only ones that slept down there were Emily and Allison.  I think Allison could sleep through a .... well, a tornado.  Needless to say, Caroline is a wee bit grumpy and I'm a bit of a zombie myself.  I wonder about all of the kids at school today.  How tired and groggy they must be after pulling an all nighter last night.  Hopefully, everyone will be able to rest well tonight. 

Thankfully, our area was spared, however the county just south of us has a lot of damage and numerous deaths. Schools there were closed today.  Families on the northside of Atlanta and the top left corner of our state suffered as well.  I am incredibly thankful that God kept us safe last night.  I feel ashamed for letting myself be bothered by the little things in life when so many in our region of the country have experienced such grief and loss.  Lives changed in an instant.  An absolute instant.  Hug your babies today.

And a bit of a funny....my dude wasn't all too happy about taking cover downstairs at one in the morning, but he knew how dangerous these same storms had been in Alabama just hours earlier.  He was grumbling sarcastically a bit once it was all over and we were headed back up the stairs. 

Me:  Hey now...you should be so happy with me for getting your goofy self down here and safe.  That nasty weather was all around us.  All. Around. Us!
Him:  Yeah.  All around us. Like a belt. 

And a totally unrelated photo:

118 of 365_edited-1

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Glad you and your family are well! I live in the southern part of GA and we are experiencing light rain now. Heartbreaking seeing and hearing the stories of the aftermath of last nights storms.

BTW...good refreshing pic!

Tracy said...

So happy to hear your family is well and safe. My heart goes out to the families who suffered great loss yesterday.

Love your fresh photo!

Carrie said...

That photo is quite delicious :)
Glad you guys are safe! We had tornado warnings yesterday evening in Northern VA. I feel so sad as I read about the devestation and destruction in the south.

Laurie said...

Glad you stayed safe! Love the unrelated shot! Perfectly styled!

Misty said...

Love LOVE LOVE this photo! Terrific shot!