Being a parent is the most exhilarating and the most terrifying thing a person can do. My kids thrill me, challenge me, exasperate me, make me happy, make me proud, and horrify me, all on a regular basis, and sometimes all on the same day. I still have moments of being absolutely certain that I have done something drastically wrong, and then they'll turn around and do something that just awes me.
Parenthood is definitely not for the faint of heart! Though you might find yourself fainting here and there, just for variety's sake.
Giving choices is the easiest way to teach kids about life. We always have a choice, even if it's just the choice of how we think about anything. [deep philosophy nugget I acquired in Human Relations class I took as a requirement for elementary education...] Successful parent/teacherhood revolves around engineering the choices with a careful intent early on...and it makes for happy teenagers too!
1- I got to read your comment over on B@T right before Blogger took its 24hr trip to the loony bin, and I agree - mosquitos of the same wing, indeed! :D Love your stuff and KEEP IT COMIN'.
2- I'm not a parent, but I am oldest of 6 (you read that right, SIX) kids... I know a thing or seven about setting an example and being responsible. It'll be a while before I have any bundles of poop & joy, but I really look up to mamas and papas trying their best. :)
I guess what I mean is I absolutely love-LOVE this post.
"Breakfast at Target" www.glamericorps.blogspot.com
10 comments:
love this
You take some AMAZING photo's
Being a parent is the most exhilarating and the most terrifying thing a person can do. My kids thrill me, challenge me, exasperate me, make me happy, make me proud, and horrify me, all on a regular basis, and sometimes all on the same day. I still have moments of being absolutely certain that I have done something drastically wrong, and then they'll turn around and do something that just awes me.
Parenthood is definitely not for the faint of heart! Though you might find yourself fainting here and there, just for variety's sake.
Giving choices is the easiest way to teach kids about life. We always have a choice, even if it's just the choice of how we think about anything. [deep philosophy nugget I acquired in Human Relations class I took as a requirement for elementary education...] Successful parent/teacherhood revolves around engineering the choices with a careful intent early on...and it makes for happy teenagers too!
Nice shot!
What a great post! So true...
This is photo is beautifully executed and has such a nice meaning! I've been scrolling through your blog and i love it!
Great blog! Your photos are awesome :)
Great concept and great abstract photo to demonstrate it!
Melissa!
1- I got to read your comment over on B@T right before Blogger took its 24hr trip to the loony bin, and I agree - mosquitos of the same wing, indeed! :D Love your stuff and KEEP IT COMIN'.
2- I'm not a parent, but I am oldest of 6 (you read that right, SIX) kids... I know a thing or seven about setting an example and being responsible. It'll be a while before I have any bundles of poop & joy, but I really look up to mamas and papas trying their best. :)
I guess what I mean is I absolutely love-LOVE this post.
"Breakfast at Target"
www.glamericorps.blogspot.com
Post a Comment